Monday, June 3, 2013

Day 3: 30 Day Story Challenge: Time To Take A Tally



 This is what I have so far:

  • Séamus is an Irish Wolfhound
  • Irish Wolfhounds are sight hounds, not scent hounds
  • Irish Wolfhounds are big dogs
  • Séamus has simple pleasures
  • Séamus likes to drink tea
  • Tea, little smackerels for teatime, and naps are some of Séamus's most favourite things
  • However, Séamus has complex concerns
  • and unusual ambitions
  • The two possible themes of this story are contradiction and vulnerability
  • General conflict: to overcome the odds, despite idiosyncrasies
  • I have a story outline (see July 2011: Introduction Post)
  • All and any of this could change
  • I haven't decided if Seamus talks or not



The call to write has been long and deep for me. This challenge gives me an opportunity to educate myself, to practice writing in a structured, strategic way, and to work with a defined purpose. This challenge gives me a chance to honour the call.

I write because I care, because I need to understand, because I am curious. I love storytelling. I think that it is as powerful as in ancient times when a storyteller had more power than Kings and Queens; times long ago when a story could last six hours.




Un Jour, Un Chien by Gabrielle Vincent

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments!