Saturday, June 1, 2013

Day 1: 30 Day Story Challenge


The Muse


For the next 30 days I will write and illustrate a Seamus story, and blog about the process involved. I will develop the character in picture and word, from the very beginning, step by step, figuring it out as I go. At the end of the 30 days I will self publish the story. 

A 30 day format gives structure to the project and encourages a daily habit. Figuring out what will fit, what I can accomplish, is largely an unknown. 

My main character is an Irish Wolfhound and it is important to me that he view the world and make choices influenced by his unique perspective. I want to exercise my narrative skills to be able to show, not just to tell, important details about the character and the other elements. I will be developing the illustration at the same time and with the same objectives. I think I'll need to focus on the illustration. Finally, I want a good companion in Séamus because I'll be spending a lot of time with him. I figure if I can fall in love with him, you may too. 





Getting Started

Five basic elements form the framework of a story:
  • Main Character: Séamus McManus, Irish Wolfhound: simple pleasures, unusual ambitions, complex concerns
  • Setting: to be determined
  • Plot: undecided
  • Conflict: to overcome the odds, despite idiosyncrasies
  • Theme: contradiction, vulnerability


Reference: Flocabulary Five Elements Of A Story Hip Hop Video



Story Teller - Writer
@ Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments!